Sunday, January 06, 2008

Single.

Friday I went to grab coffee at Ossian's House of Coffee, also known as Brew-Ha. Which is funny.

Anyway, the only thing planned for this Brew-Ha excursion was catching up, which is pretty much the only thing it's good for, and only then if both people are from Ossian. If either party has to drive more than five minutes, go somewhere else... unless you like making fun of Wells County, then it's amazing.

So, the catch-up conversation was going well, and I brought up New Year's resolutions.

Now, if you haven't heard of my plan to not date seriously for the entire year of 2008, you haven't been reading my blog... and shame on you. But, that's the plan.

I brought up Resolutions over coffee because I really think the whole idea is insane, and I'm very interested in the way people will react, especially the people that know me well.

My mom thinks it's a great idea, which most of the people i've told agree with. The problem's been getting me to buy into it, and Friday was a big step toward that.

The reaction to the news of my resolution was totally different than before. It was pretty much, "You can totally do that, I've done it for three years."

And, for some reason, this was just one of those epiphany moments. Duh. Not all of my friend are married, not all of my friends are involved, not all of my friends are raging alcoholics who sleep with everyone they meet.

Some of them, and one in particular, are just incredibly well-adjusted single people.

I need to be more like that, i think. Now... how exactly I go about that is a whole other thing.